British Asparagus, Pancetta & Lemon Linguine
Linguine tossed with asparagus, pancetta and cream courtesy of British Asparagus.
- 250g of asparagus, cut into small pieces on an angle
- 200g of cubed pancetta
- 150ml of double cream
- 200ml of reduced fat creme fraiche
- 1 medium lemon, zested
- 2 egg yolks
- 350g of linguine pasta
- 35g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Price per person: £1.92
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 1013
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on the hob and add the pancetta. You will not need oil in the pan as the pancetta will have enough fat in it to cook in. Fry the pancetta for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat until they have become golden and crisp. Add the British asparagus to the pan and fry for 2 minutes or until it has begun to soften.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, but cook it for a minute or two less so it's a little underdone.
- Meanwhile, mix together the double cream, crème fraiche, egg yolks, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Drain the cooked pasta, leaving a few tablespoons of water in the bottom of the pan. Return the pan to a low heat and pour in the sauce and the pancetta and British asparagus mixture.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, giving it all a good mix round until it's evenly incorporated. Serve with a good grating of parmesan and black pepper.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)