A distinctive and fresh-flavoured curry with chicken, potato and aromatic spices.
- 5 tbsp of natural yogurt
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato (approx 75g), coarsely chopped
- 1 medium new potato (approx 70g), cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 value skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 60g of value long grain rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mixed spices
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.96
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 733
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.9
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the mixed spices, chilli powder, curry powder and sugar and fry for 1 minute, to intensify the spices.
- Add the potato and pour in just enough boiling water to cover the potatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- To finish the curry, stir in the chopped tomato and yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, simply spoon the aromatic curry over the cooked rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)