Chicken & Avocado Salad
Chicken and avocado in a mustard dressing served with tomato and little gem lettuce.
- 110g of sliced cooked chicken
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves roughly torn
- 1 small tomato (approx 75g), finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Price per person: £1.63
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 321
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.8
- Print Recipe
- To make the dressing, mix the vinegar, oil and mustard in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and then toss together with the avocado and tomato.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a bed of lettuce and top with the avocado and tomato mix.
Prepare the avocado at the last minute and rub a little lemon juice over the cut pieces to stop discolouration. If taking this as a packed lunch, store the dressing in a separate container and add it to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)