Ragu Pasta Bake
Pasta tossed with a simple beef, tomato and mushroom ragu sauce and baked in the oven.
- 125g of minced beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 200g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 25g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 75g of penne pasta quills
- 100ml beef stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £2.00
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 828
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.4
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the minced beef and fry for 5 minutes, or until the beef is browned. Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, mixed herbs, tomato puree and stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the beef ragu and spoon into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle on the cheese and grill for 10 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)