Ham & Potato Salad
Ham, potato and egg salad with a mustard dressing.
- 30g of wild rocket leaves
- 50g of ham, diced
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 1 egg, washed under cold water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.60
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 247
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.2
- Print Recipe
- To make the dressing, mix together the vinegar, oil and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes and egg in lightly, salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and run the egg under cold water until it is cool. Shell the egg and cut it into pieces.
- Arrange the rocket on a plate, top with the egg, potatoes and ham and drizzle with the dressing.
If taking this as a packed lunch, store the dressing in a separate container and add it to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)