A light stir-fried chicken and noodle dish in an orange and ginger sauce with lower-calorie vegetables.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- half a 75g bag of watercress
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 small red onion (approx 110g), sliced
- 1 medium orange pepper (155g), thinly sliced
- 75g of medium dried egg noodles
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.83
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 486
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- Mix 1 tbsp oil with the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and orange juice in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, mix, and set aside to marinade 30-60 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan or wok. Remove the chicken from the marinade and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked though. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Once the noodles are cooked, drain well and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan (if necessary) and stir-fry the red onion and pepper for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft and the pepper is tender. Add the cooked chicken, remaining marinade and the noodles to the pan. Heat until piping hot then remove from the heat and stir in the watercress. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)