Red Pepper & Goats Cheese Salad
Salad with red pepper, grilled goat's cheese and a red onion marmalade.
- 1/3 medium red pepper, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion (approx 185g each), chopped
- one-third of a 70g bag of rocket leaves
- 50g of goat's cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp white caster sugar
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.45
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 261
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.1
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. To make the red onion marmalade, heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and fry the onion over a low heat for 10 minutes. Add 2 tsp of vinegar and the sugar, turn up the heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until the marmalade develops a darker and slightly sticky consistency.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, mix 1 tbsp of oil with 1 tsp of vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grill the goat's cheese slices for 1-2 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- To serve, toss the rocket and red pepper with the dressing, spoon on the marmalade and top with the grilled goat's cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)