Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
An easy-to-prepare Italian spaghetti dish with a piquant black olive and tomato sauce.
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 6 black olives, halved
- 1/2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 15g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 90g of premium spaghetti
- 2 small shallots (approx 40g each), finely chopped
- pinch of crushed chillies
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.06
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 573
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.5
- Print Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped shallot and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the crushed chillies and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the anchovies, tomatoes, capers and olives and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker, smoother consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, toss the spaghetti with the sauce and top with the parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)