Ham & Cheese Frittata
An Italian omelette with potato, ham and Brie served with a simple rocket salad.
- 35g of Brie, thinly sliced
- 10g of wild rocket leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 30g of ham, diced
- 1 medium new potato (approx 70g), halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.50
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 373
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.5
- Print Recipe
- Cook the potato in lightly salted boiling water for 6 minutes, or until tender.
- To make the dressing, mix together 2 tsp oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tsp oil in a small frying pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add the cooked potatoes, ham and Brie and heat through.
- Pour in the beaten egg mixture, making sure the other ingredients are covered. Stir the egg mixture to break it up a little as it begins to cook. Cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, or until the edge of the frittata begins to set.
- Place the frittata pan under the grill for 4-5 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and the top is golden. To serve, toss the rocket leaves with the dressing and serve alongside the cooked fritatta.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)