A mild and creamy Indian cashew nut curry with potato and tomato and served on a bed of boiled rice. Contains nuts.
- 60g of cashew nuts
- 2 new potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato (approx 100g), coarsely chopped
- 75ml of single cream
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 60g of value long grain rice
- vegetable stock
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cm ginger, grated
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £1.88
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 1022
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.5
- Print Recipe
- Heat a frying pan and dry-fry the cashews, stirring frequently until they start to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the mixed spices and curry powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Stir the tomato, cream and half the cashews into the curry and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon the curry over the cooked rice and sprinkle on the remaining cashews.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)