Tuna Nicoise Salad
A French-style salad with tuna, green beans, boiled eggs, new potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- 200g of fine trimmed green beans
- 4 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves torn
- 370g of value tinned tuna chunks, drained
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, washed under cold water
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 4
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.43
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 317
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- To make the dressing, mix together the oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes and eggs in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the eggs are hard boiled. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Shell the eggs, cut into half and then into quarters and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked.
- Toss the lettuce, potatoes, tomatoes, eggs and green beans together. Flake the tuna into the salad, toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)