Roast Chicken & Tomato Tagliatelle
Roasted chicken breast, baby tomatoes and red onion tossed with green pesto and tagliatelle. Fresh, light and delicious.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g of baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion (approx 110g), sliced
- 130g of tagliatelle pasta
- 20g of Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler or knife
- 30g of green pesto (2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Oven temp: 220c
- Price per person: £2.88
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 690
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.9
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Place the red onion and tomatoes in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle on 1 tsp dried oregano, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then add the chicken and roast for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables begin to char.
- While the chicken and vegetables are in the oven, cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
- Toss the tagliatelle with the roasted chicken, tomatoes and onion and with the pesto. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately topped with the Parmesan shavings.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)