Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Portobello mushrooms grilled with garlic and basil butter, topped with mozzarella and tomato slices and served in ciabatta rolls with a side salad.
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- half a mozzarella ball, sliced
- half a 28g pack of fresh basil, finely chopped
- half a 110g bag of watercress, spinach and rocket
- 1 small tomato (approx 75g), sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.64
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 361
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.6
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. To make the dressing, mix together the oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To prepare the garlic and herb butter, mix the margarine/butter with the basil and garlic, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grill the mushrooms, flat-side down for 3 minutes. Turn the mushrooms over and grill for 4 minutes.
- Spoon the garlic and basil butter evenly between the flat sides of the mushrooms and top with the sliced mozzarella. Return to the grill and cook for 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted.
- Split the ciabatta rolls and place the mushrooms onto the bases. Add the tomato slices and finish with the ciabatta tops. Toss the salad leaves with the dressing and serve alongside the burgers.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)