Easy Tuna Pasta
An easy pasta dish with tuna and peas in a home-made tomato sauce.
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), chopped
- 400g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 40g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 185g of value tinned tuna chunks, drained
- 180g of value pasta shapes
- 120g of frozen peas
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £0.90
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 697
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.5
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the tuna and heat through.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, lemon juice and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Add the peas 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and peas and toss with the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the grated cheddar cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)