Lentil & Vegetable Stew with Harissa Dressing
Courgette, tomato and lentil stew topped with a harissa-inspired spiced dressing.
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 2/3 small courgette, cut into thick half moons
- 1 large tomato (approx 115g), coarsely chopped
- 20g of dried red lentils
- 50g of couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 250ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp raisins
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £0.71
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 374
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.2
- Print Recipe
- To make the harissa inspired paste, mix together the tomato puree, paprika, chilli powder, coriander, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the courgette and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, raisins, stock and lentils. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked, topping up with a little extra stock if required. Towards the end of the cooking time, spoon a little of the cooking liquid into the harissa paste and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, simply spoon the stew over the couscous and drizzle over the harissa dressing.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)