A Russian-inspired dish with fried beef and paprika in a rich, soured cream sauce.
- 300ml of soured cream
- 1 large onion (approx 210g), finely chopped
- 500g of beef rump steak, fat trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes
- 6 closed cup mushrooms, quartered
- 240g of long grain rice
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 300ml beef stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.22
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 694
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the chilli powder and paprika and fry for 1 minute to intensify the flavours. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and beef, add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the beef is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the tomato purée and stock and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Stir in the soured cream and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, simply spoon the beef stroganoff over the cooked rice.â€ƒ
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)