Chicken Baked With Shallots, Olives & Thyme
This quick and easy to prepare recipe is a perfect mid-week meal, courtesy of UK Shallots. The original recipe uses fresh thyme and sherry vinegar.
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 70g of pitted green olives with herbs and garlic
- 140g of mixed salad leaves
- 400g of shallots, peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Oven temp: 190c
- Price per person: £2.98
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 314
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.7
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a shallow roasting tin or baking dish. Tuck the shallots, garlic and olives in around the chicken and place the thyme sprigs on top.
- Drizzle over the 2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and drizzle over the sherry vinegar.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing, mix together the lemon juice and 3 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, toss the salad leaves with the dressing. Divide the chicken between plates and serve with the salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)