Pork & Ginger Stir-fry
A quick, easy and filling stir-fry with pork, carrot and red pepper.
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), thinly sliced
- 1 thick cut pork loin steak, cut into strips and fat removed
- 75g of medium dried egg noodles
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £2.98
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 825
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, ginger, sugar and pork in a bowl. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the pork and marinade. Fry over a high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra oil to the pan, if necessary, and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the red pepper and carrot and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the noodles. Continue to stir-fry until piping hot. Add extra soy sauce to taste and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)