Salmon & New Potato Salad
Grilled salmon, new potato and boiled egg salad with simple lemon dressing.
- one-fourth a 140g bag of mixed salad leaves
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 1/2 salmon fillet
- 1 egg, washed under cold water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.15
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 306
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.5
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Place the salmon on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon begins to flake.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and egg in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and run the egg under cold water until it is cool. Shell the egg and cut it into pieces. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix the vinegar, lemon juice and oil in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and then toss together with the salad leaves.
- Serve the grilled salmon accompanied by the dressed salad, potatoes and egg.
If taking this as a packed lunch, store the dressing in a separate container and add it to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)