Bacon & Avocado Pasta Salad
This recipe works in combination with: Chicken & Pepper Stir-fry.
Pasta tossed with bacon, avocado and rocket leaves and a lemon mayo dressing.
- 2 ripe avocados, stone removed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 250g of value smoked back bacon, chopped
- 70g of wild rocket leaves
- 200g of value pasta shapes
- 180ml of mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.10
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 811
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.1
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 5 minutes, or until crispy.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic together.
- Toss the cooked pasta, bacon, avocado and rocket leaves with the dressing, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)