Cauliflower Cheese with Crispy Bacon
This recipe features in these meal plans: Take it easy.
Cauliflower and crispy bacon in a classic cheese sauce, topped with crunchy croutons.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 250g of value smoked back bacon, chopped
- 40g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g of croutons
- 700g of ready-made fresh cheese sauce
- 30g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £1.89
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 773
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the cauliflower in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a greased ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy, then remove from the heat.
- Transfer the ready-made cheese sauce into a saucepan on a medium heat until piping hot, stirring regularly. Stir in the mustard and bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked cauliflower and top with the croutons. Mix the cheddar cheese with the Parmesan and sprinkle over the top. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)