A deliciously fat-free method of cooking salmon. With dill, reduced-fat crème fraiche, new potatoes and herb salad.
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 3 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 200ml of reduced fat creme fraiche
- half a 28g pack of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 50g of mixed salad leaves
- 2 salmon fillets
- 25g of fresh dill
- 400ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £3.87
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 621
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.3
- Print Recipe
- Place the salmon fillets in a large saucepan, top with four of the lemon slices, and then pour over the stock. Season with salt and pepper and poach for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- While the salmon and potatoes are cooking, make the dill crème fraiche and a vinaigrette for the herb salad. Finely chop half the dill and mix it with the crème fraiche and the juice of two slices of lemon. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. To make the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil and white wine vinegar in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley and remaining dill from the stems and mix with the salad leaves.
- Carefully remove the fish from the poaching stock and drain the potatoes. Toss the salad leaves with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately with the dill crème fraiche and the remaining slices of lemon.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)