Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Couscous
Moroccan-style spiced chicken, tomato and carrot tagine served over couscous.
- 50g of dried apricots, chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), chopped
- 1 large carrot (approx 185g), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), coarsely chopped
- 150g of couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 11/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £2.55
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 769
- 5-a-day per serving: 5.2
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the cinnamon, chilli powder, coriander, ginger and mixed spices and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, apricots, carrot and stock. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions with chicken stock and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, simply spoon the Moroccan chicken tagine over the cooked couscous.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)