Simple Sausage Cassoulet
A quick and filling stew with sausages and butter beans.
- 2 pork sausages, thickly sliced
- 1/3 small onion, diced
- 1 large tomato (approx 115g), finely chopped
- 215g of tinned butter beans, drained
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp plain white flour
- 150ml chicken stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £1.00
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 557
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.6
- Print Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the sausages for 3-4 minutes, or until the sausages have started to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Add the flour, tomato, tomato puree, butter beans, brown sugar and mixed herbs to the pan. Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if the cassoulet becomes dry. Add the sausages and continue to cook until piping hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)