Jacket Potato with Baked Beans & Cheese
This recipe features in these meal plans: Frugal Favourites 3.
A crispy skinned baked potato filled with baked beans and cheese.
- 40g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium baking potato (approx 320g)
- 220g of baked beans
- 1/4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 60 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £1.13
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 703
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.5
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Wash the potato and lightly score a grid into the top of the potato with a knife. This will help give the potato an extra crispy skin. Rub with oil and season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Cook the potato for approximately 1 hour, or until the skin is crispy and a knife can easily pierce the centre of the potato.
- Towards the end of the potato's cooking time, cook the beans according to the instructions on the tin.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
We recommend cooking the potato in the oven, however to speed things up you can first microwave the potato for 6 minutes, and then follow the instructions as listed, adjusting the oven cooking time to 15 minutes.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)