Pork with Honey Roast Carrots
A pork chop on a bed of creamy potato and apricot mash served alongside sweet roasted carrots.
- 20g of dried apricots, finely sliced
- 1 small baking potato (approx 250g), peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot (approx 95g), peeled
- 1 pork chop
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £2.13
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 1088
- 5-a-day per serving: 3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cut the carrot in half and then cut each half into four batons, lengthways. Parboil in lightly salted boiling water for 6 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- Drain the carrots and transfer to a baking tray. Add the honey, dried rosemary and 1 tsp olive oil. Toss together so that the carrots are evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the honey begins to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes cook, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, season the pork with salt and pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with the margarine/butter and milk until smooth and creamy. Stir in the sliced apricots and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chop with the apricot mash and honey roasted carrots.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)