Honey Roasted Chicken & Rosemary Vegetables
Roast chicken breast in a honey glaze served with rosemary roasted potato, parsnip and carrot.
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet
- 2 medium new potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small parsnip, cut into quarters lengthways
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered
- 1/2 medium carrot, cut into quarters lengthways
- 100ml of white wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 100ml chicken stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1/4 tsp butter
- 3/4 tsp plain white flour
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 50 mins
- Oven temp: 190c
- Price per person: £3.13
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 588
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.4
- Print Recipe
- To make the honey glaze, mix the honey, lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil and half the dried rosemary in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven. Parboil the carrot and potato in lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes, then add the parsnip and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Return the parboiled vegetables to the saucepan with a lid and shake gently to lightly fluff up the vegetables. Transfer to a baking tray with the onion and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle on the remaining rosemary and garlic. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat all the vegetables in the oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2-5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Set aside the pan to use for the gravy. Add the chicken to the baking tray with the vegetables and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the honey glaze over the chicken. Return to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender and crispy.
- Meanwhile, to make the gravy, heat the pan from the chicken. Pour in the wine and reduce down to one fourth of the initial liquid. Stir in the stock. Rub together the flour and butter with your fingers and then whisk into the gravy. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the gravy thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the honey glazed chicken and roasted vegetables onto a plate and pour on the gravy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)