Chicken Kiev with New Potatoes & Peas
Home-made chicken kiev with a garlic and herb filling, served with new potatoes and peas.
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 8 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 200g of breadcrumbs
- 100g of butter
- 60g of plain white flour
- 2 free range medium eggs, beaten
- 200g of frozen peas
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £2.97
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 942
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.6
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Mix the parsley, lemon juice, garlic and butter with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breasts and spoon in the butter mix.
- Season the chicken breasts. Dip the chicken breast in the flour, coat in the beaten eggs and then the breadcrumbs. Place the kiev in an ovenproof dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender. Cook the peas according to the packet instructions to be ready at the same time as the potatoes and chicken. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken kiev with the new potatoes and peas.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)