Minted Roasted Potatoes with Lamb
Minted roasted potatoes with lamb served with an Indian riata, courtesy of the Potato Council.
- 2 lamb steaks
- 150g of natural yogurt
- 1 half cucumber portion, peeled and diced
- 400g of medium new potatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), chopped
- 1/2 medium onion (approx 185g each), finely chopped
- 5 cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 35 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £1.75
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 613
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven 200˚C, gas mark 6.
- Crush the garlic and mix in the spices, lemon juice and seasoning, add the lamb steaks and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting tin, toss in 1 tbsp olive oil and fresh mint, season well. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the lamb steaks in a little oil for 8-10 minutes or according to taste. Transfer to the roasting tin for the last few minutes of cooking.
- To make the riata, mix together the onion, cucumber, tomatoes and yogurt. Then sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds. Then serve with the lamb steaks.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)