An easy Indian beef curry with tomatoes and potatoes served over rice.
- 125g of minced beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium new potato (approx 70g), peeled and diced
- 200g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of peas
- 60g of long grain rice
- 150ml beef stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.90
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 720
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.9
- Print Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the minced beef and fry for 5 minutes, or until the beef is browned. Add the potatoes, coriander and curry powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and tomato puree and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Add the frozen peas and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the keema develops a thicker consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, simply spoon the beef keema over the cooked rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)