Baked Prawns with Mozzarella
A lower-carb prawn and aubergine bake, with tomato sauce and low-fat mozzarella. Served with a green salad.
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 125g of light mozzarella, cut into 1cm pieces and seasoned with salt
- half a 28g pack of fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
- 1 small aubergine, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), chopped
- 200g of cooked and peeled king prawns
- 90g of mixed salad leaves
- 60ml of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £3.55
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 649
- 5-a-day per serving: 3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven and grill. Brush the aubergine slices with 1 tbsp olive oil and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they begin to char. Remove from the grill and cut into 1cm pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes, lemon juice and mixed herbs. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce becomes a thicker consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the aubergine, prawns, mozzarella and two-thirds of the parsley into the sauce. Spoon into an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, prepare a vinaigrette for the salad. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with the white wine vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad leaves and remaining parsley together with the dressing and serve alongside the baked prawns.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)