Asian Beef Stir-fry
Tender beef strips stir-fried with carrot, mushroom, ginger and chilli served on a bed of Jasmine rice.
- 75g of mangetout, halved
- 250g of beef rump steak, fat removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 small carrot (approx 95g), sliced
- half a bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 140g of Thai jasmine rice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp white caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.74
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 595
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.7
- Print Recipe
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, mix together the soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and cornflour.
- Lightly season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a wok (or large frying pan) and stir-fry the beef strips on a high heat for 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove the beef strips from the wok and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil to the wok and stir-fry the garlic, ginger and chilli for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of water. Stir in the carrot and mangetout and fry for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the beef to the wok and pour in the sauce. Fry for 1 minute, or until the sauce reduces and develops a thicker consistency.
- To serve, stir the spring onions into the stir-fry and divide onto two plates with a serving of jasmine rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)