Chilli Pasta Bake
Pasta baked in a beef, kidney bean and tomato chilli sauce, topped with melted cheese.
- 1/2 large onion (approx 210g each), finely chopped
- 220g of tinned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 30g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 200g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 a 400-500g pack of value minced beef
- 160g of value pasta shapes
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 vegetable oil
- 200ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £0.82
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 872
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.6
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and fry the beef mince for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to the pan (if necessary) and fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the browned mince to the pan and stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Spoon the meat sauce and pasta into a large baking dish and mix together. Sprinkle on the cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and golden brown.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)