Herb Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms with Garlic Mash
This recipe works in combination with: Broccoli & Blue Cheese Penne, Potato Pancakes Filled With Spiced Beetroot, Tandoori Spiced Vegetable Skewers. This recipe features in these meal plans: Superfoods.
Stuffed and baked portobello mushrooms served with garlic mash and a side of broccoli. Garlic is an excellent immune booster.
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 medium baking potatoes (approx 320g each), peeled and chopped
- 40g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small head of broccoli (approx 200g), cut into florets
- half a bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 30g of breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 200ml gravy, made from vegetarian gravy granules
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £2.31
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 777
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.1
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. To prepare the stuffed mushrooms, remove the stalks from the cap and finely chop them. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the mushroom stalks and spring onions for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully spoon the mixture into the mushrooms. Place in a baking tray and drizzle 1 tbsp oil over the mushrooms. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- To make the garlic mash, cook the potato in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic for 1 minute. Drain and mash the potatoes with the butter and garlic until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the stuffed mushrooms with the mashed potatoes, cooked broccoli and gravy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)