Spanish Chicken & Chorizo Stew
Spanish-style chicken and chorizo stew with butter beans and tomato and enhanced with a subtle chilli kick.
- 60g of chorizo, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes (approx 115g each), finely chopped
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 410g of tinned butter beans, drained
- 250ml chicken stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 2 tsp plain white flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £1.78
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 483
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.4
- Print Recipe
- Fry the chorizo in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to brown, then remove from the pan and set aside. Heat the olive oil in the same pan and cook the onion, garlic and chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are soft and the chicken is browned.
- Stir in the flour, thyme and chilli powder followed by the tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken stock, butter beans and 250ml water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Top up with a little extra water if the stew becomes too dry.
- Add the chorizo and heat through. Taste the stew and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve immediately in warmed bowls.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)