Pan-fried Salmon Steaks on Crushed New Potatoes
Pan-fried salmon steaks with crushed new potatoes and salad, courtesy of Potato Council.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 400g of medium new potatoes, quartered
- 1 lime rind
- 100g of asparagus tips
- 140g of mixed salad leaves
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £4.62
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 520
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- Mix together half the herbs with the lime rind and 1 tbsp oil and use to coat the fish. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- After 15 minutes heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the fish and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain the potatoes and coarsely crush with 2 tbsp of oil and herbs with the garlic and seasoning.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing, mix together the lemon juice and 3 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Then pile the potatoes onto individual serving plates topped with the fish and the asparagus tips. Serve immediately with the salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)