Enjoy a taste of Morocco with this quick and tasty tagine with chicken and sweet apricots.
- 30g of dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- half a 227g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 medium red onion (approx 185g each), finely chopped
- 75g of couscous
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices
- 1 x small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable stock
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £2.58
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 730
- 5-a-day per serving: 4
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add the dried apricots, chopped tomatoes, mixed spices, tomato puree and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and gently cook for 15 minutes. Add a little water if the tagine becomes dry.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions using vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the chicken mix onto a bed of the cooked couscous and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)