Spaghetti in a tomato and smoked bacon sauce topped with Parmesan cheese.
- 125g of value smoked back bacon, chopped
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion (approx 185g each), finely chopped
- 180g of value spaghetti
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £0.84
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 636
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 5-6 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the bacon to the pan and stir in the chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Season to taste and serve immediately topped with the Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)