Roast Salmon Fillet with a Creamy Lemon Sauce
Fresh and healthy roasted salmon fillet with new potatoes and creamy lemon sauce.
- 1/3 small onion, finely chopped
- 75ml of single cream
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 150g of salmon fillets
- 50g of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 75ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £3.05
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 735
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, place on a baking tray (skin side down) and roast in the oven for 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the salmon is in the oven, cook the new potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add the cream and vegetable stock, bring to the boil, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until reduced by half. Add the lemon juice, season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside. Remember to keep an eye on the salmon in the oven.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, lift them out of the water with a slotted spoon and mix in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and the mixed herbs. Use the water from the potatoes to cook the peas according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, lay the roasted salmon fillet on a plate with the new potatoes and peas, and pour over the sauce.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)