Roasted Veg with Salsa Rosa
A mix of roasted vegetables served with a home-made red pepper salsa rosa.
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in half and deseeded
- 1 small courgette (approx 165g), thickly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 large tomato (approx 115g), quartered and deseeded
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Oven temp: 220c
- Price per person: £1.93
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 285
- 5-a-day per serving: 4.9
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Parboil the potatoes and carrot in lightly salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and carrot and transfer to a baking tray with the courgette, pepper and tomato. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, sprinkle on 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and begin to char.
- Remove the pepper to make the salsa rosa. Cover the remaining vegetables with tin foil to keep warm.
- Carefully peel the skin from the pepper and discard. Finely chop the flesh and transfer to a bowl with the vinegar, garlic, tomato puree, 1/2 tsp mixed herbs and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- To serve, simply spoon the salsa rosa over the roasted vegetables.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)