Spicy Tomato & Prawn Pasta
Spaghetti tossed with a spicy garlic butter sauce, tomatoes and prawns.
- 100g of cooked and peeled prawns
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 90g of spaghetti
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp margarine/butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed chillies
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.98
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 676
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.7
- Print Recipe
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic, crushed chillies and onion for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the chopped tomato and margarine/butter and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the tomato begins to break down. Stir in the prawns and lemon juice and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the prawns are piping hot.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss with the spicy tomatoes and prawns. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately topped with the Parmesan cheese.
This dish is spicy. You may wish to use less crushed chilli according to personal taste.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)