Peppered Salmon with Brie Sauce
Pepper crusted salmon fillet in a creamy Brie sauce, served with boiled new potatoes.
- 75ml of single cream
- 100g of Brie, skin removed and chopped
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £3.48
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 827
- 5-a-day per serving: 0
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tenderzzz.
- Meanwhile, spread the flour onto a plate and season generously with ground black pepper. Rub a little lemon juice over the salmon fillet and dip it in the flour to coat the salmon on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes, or until the crust is a golden colour.
- While the salmon is cooking, heat the cream and Brie in a saucepan, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon and new potatoes with the Brie sauce.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)