Spring Salmon Nicoise Salad
This recipe works in combination with: Chicken, Spinach & Leek Risotto, Crispy Parmesan Chicken & Garlic Green Beans, Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Frittata. This recipe features in these meal plans: Spring Specials.
Salmon, new potatoes, green beans and boiled eggs tossed with dressed watercress, spinach and rocket leaves.
- 3 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 80g of fine trimmed green beans
- 75g of watercress, spinach and rocket
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 free range medium eggs, washed under cold water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £3.53
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 518
- 5-a-day per serving: 1
- Print Recipe
- To make the dressing, mix together the oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the salmon on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until the salmon begins to flake. Let the salmon cool, then flake into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and eggs in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and run the eggs under cold water until cool. Shell the eggs, cut into pieces and set aside. In a separate saucepan, cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss the salad leaves, flaked salmon, potatoes, eggs and green beans with the dressing and serve immediately.
Olives are normally included in a Nicoise salad but omitted in this case to bring a fresh spring flavour to the dish.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)