Creamy Asparagus Pasta
Pasta in a creamy asparagus and pea sauce topped with Parmesan cheese.
- 100g of asparagus tips, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150ml of double cream
- 150g of value pasta shapes
- 60g of frozen peas
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.26
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 761
- 5-a-day per serving: 1
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus and the peas in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the margarine/butter in a saucepan over a low heat and gently fry the garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the cream and gently simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the cream develops a thicker consistency. Add the peas and asparagus and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the cream sauce and 2 tsp of the grated Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the remaining Parmesan.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)