Goat's Cheese Omelette with Salad
Goat's cheese and red onion omelette served with a simple side salad.
- 50g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 little gem lettuce, leaves roughly torn
- 3 free range medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £2.25
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 654
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.5
- Print Recipe
- To make the dressing, mix together 1 tbsp oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Remove and set aside. Pour in the egg mixture and stir gently to even it out. As the egg starts to cook, draw the edges into the centre with a fork or spatula so the uncooked egg runs underneath.
- Add the goat's cheese and red onion to one side of the omelette. Cook for another minute, or until cooked through, then fold the omelette in half over the filling. Slide onto a plate.
- Toss the lettuce leaves with the cherry tomatoes and dressing and serve alongside the omelette.
Tear the leaves off the baby gem lettuce instead of cutting the lettuce so that it will keep fresh for longer.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)