Pasta tossed with a spicy arrabbiata tomato sauce.
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely chopped
- 400g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 180g of value pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £0.41
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 471
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.5
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and mixed herbs. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
All'arrabbiata means 'angry style' in Italian. Taste the sauce before serving and add extra chilli powder to make it as 'angry' as you like.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)