Spaghetti & Meatballs
A tasty Italian classic with beef meatballs and a rich tomato sauce.
- 125g of minced beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 200g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 90g of spaghetti
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp plain white flour
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.25
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 760
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.5
- Print Recipe
- Place the minced beef, flour, 1 tsp dried mixed herbs and half the onion in a bowl and mix together well. Season generously with salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 1-2cm balls and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the meatballs for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and remaining onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, simply spoon the meatballs and sauce over the cooked spaghetti and top with the Parmesan.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)