Roasted Red Pepper Salad with Mozzarella
Roasted red pepper mixed with red onion and garlic and served with mozzarella and salad leaves.
- 1/3 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato (approx 100g), chopped
- 1 red pepper, quartered and deseeded
- one-fourth a 140g bag of mixed salad leaves
- half a value mozzarella ball, sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 /2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.77
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 224
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.5
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Place the pepper on a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once, or until the pepper is slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the tomato and 1 tsp vinegar and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Finely chop the roasted pepper and add to the onion and tomato mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, mix together 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp vinegar and the mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the salad leaves, mozzarella and red pepper mixture in a bowl, and then toss together with the dressing.
If taking this as a packed lunch, store the roasted pepper mix and the dressing in separate containers and add to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)