Spiced Vegetables with Couscous
Couscous with mixed vegetables and spices.
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small tomato (approx 75g), chopped
- 1/2 small courgette, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 50g of couscous
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £0.76
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 298
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.3
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the carrot, courgette and tomato and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the mixed spices and chilli powder and fry for 1 minute. Add the stock and tomato purée and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add the broccoli 2-3 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vegetables over the cooked couscous and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)