This recipe features in these meal plans: Regional Italian.
Seared tuna in a lemon and chilli marinade served with grilled fennel and red onion, accompanied by green beans.
- 1 medium red onion (approx 185g), thickly sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 200g of fine trimmed green beans
- 1 medium fennel (approx 350g), thickly sliced lengthways
- 2 tuna steaks
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £4.47
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 710
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.9
- Print Recipe
- Make the marinade by mixing together 4 tbsp olive oil, the garlic, chillies, parsley, capers and the zest and juice from half the lemon. Spoon the marinade over the tuna steaks and set aside for 30-60 minutes.
- Toss the fennel and onion with 1 tbsp olive oil. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and fry the fennel and onion slices for 5-6 minutes, or until they begin to char. (Turn the fennel over half-way through griddling to ensure even charring.) Remove from the griddle pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain and season with a little salt.
- Add the tuna steaks to the griddle pan and fry on each side for 1-2 minutes (or as per personal preference). Remove from the pan and set aside. Add any surplus marinade to the griddle pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Divide the onion, fennel and green beans between the plates and top with the grilled tuna steaks and cooked marinade. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges and serve alongside.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)